Monday, November 7, 2011

You-ification

1960's Mini

MINI has been an icon of the automotive world for a long time, over 45 years. Indeed, it is a symbol of the 60's in Britain and stands as a mascot for foreign cars in the US. So, a car company this old and established must have a hard time impressing younger markets, right?

Wrong. MINI has a new campaign that is aimed almost exclusively at young adults. And in none of them will you see anyone behind the wheel over the age of 30. How do they manage? Well, I think that MINI has focused on a few key elements to describe and enamor their younger audience:
-Individuality = Customization
-Adventure = New designs and products

I signed up for MINI's social media network and started seeing just how many ways I can make my MINI my own, and on top of that just look at this ad, and tell me you don't want to have that kind of fun in your life.




MINI's entire campaign focuses almost exclusively on these two ideas, and speaking as one young adult, it works. I'm signed up for a test drive of the new Countryman next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment