Monday, December 5, 2011

Maybe Its Just Me

The galloping of hooves racing through a coastal backdrop. And astride majestic, thundering steeds...
Fruit?

Yeah. Watch this.

Maybe its just me, but when the apple says "We Riiidee!" I lose it. Every single time. My roomie has the same reaction. In fact, in my apartment, much of the spot's dialogue has become common one-liners. When I put my sunglasses on as I walk out the door, my roomie will remark, in a deep voice, "Wear them well." And I don't think its just us.

Fruit Of The Loom makes underwear. I actually prefer Hanes (they debuted the "tagless" tee a while back) but after seeing this, I'm probably going to buy at least a three-pack of these new Fruit of The Looms.
I think that's where FotL wanted this ad to go. Guys are goofy, and we don't really care if our underwear is sexy, especially our undershirts, so they can't use sex appeal the same way Victoria's Secret does. FotL decided to use humor to debut their new cut of tee, and as far as I'm concerned, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment